Thursday, June 18, 2009

Slept Through The Night!!!

Coming out of left field in a total surprise, last night Luke slept through the night! The holy grail of any parent. I put Luke to bed around 8:30 p.m. and he slept until 5:00 a.m. for a grand total of 8.5 hours of sleep. At 5:00 when I woke up to him crying softly I said "was it 5:00 already?". I went on to ask Mom why time she got up with him as I most likely slept through the whole thing. Mom responded "I didn't". Apparently Luke did wake up around 3:00 a.m. but fell bask asleep after only a few minutes of complaining.

This comes as a complete surprise because up until this point he hadn't slept longer than 5.5 hours in a single shot. The only reason I can point to as to why he adjusted his sleeping habits is that at the doctors office yesterday he had some vaccinations and that probably knocked him out a bit. I'm hoping that this will provide a starting point to get him to at least wake up once a night 2:00 a.m. or early morning 5:00 a.m on a consistent basis.

Update: Well he woke up twice last night so there goes the hope of sleeping through the night on a consistent basis.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Potty Training

So potty training is starting up with Luke.  He's 3 1/2 and well lots of kids younger than him are already going down that path.  He'...