Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Two is a Coincidence Three is a Trend

Last night Luke slept through the night for the third night in a row.  Technically it wasn't through the night.  Luke goes to bed around 8:30 and wakes up around 5:00 - 5:30.  I try to get up for work at 5:50 so it isn't too terribly early for me.  The best part about Luke only waking up one time a night is that we can now alternate our nights.  So every other night Mom or I can get a full nights sleep.  At this point being the parent of a newborn becomes much much easier.  It is amazing how much easier life is on an uninterrupted nights sleep.  As you can see below Luke is happy about sleeping through the night too.


I've already jinxed myself for tonight.  Luke fell asleep while we were cooking dinner and failed to get up for a bedtime bottle.  We even tried to wake him up but he would have none of it.  While putting him to bed was super easy tonight I am afraid that he will wake up at 1:00 a.m. and not want to go back to bed.  So tonight will break the trend, but I think it is fluke and tomorrow we will be back to normal.

Update:  Well I didn't jinx myself.  Luke ended up sleeping till just before 5:00 a.m.  So baby Luke must have been a tired boy.  He was crazy hungry when we woke up but didn't really scream about it.  It was very nice.

No comments:

Potty Training

So potty training is starting up with Luke.  He's 3 1/2 and well lots of kids younger than him are already going down that path.  He'...